The Indian government is working on setting up a single agency for infrastructure planning, monitoring, and evaluation. This agency would be responsible for developing a comprehensive national infrastructure plan, tracking the progress of infrastructure projects, and evaluating their impact on the economy and quality of life.
The government has said that the single agency would help to ensure that infrastructure projects are more efficient and effective. It would also help to coordinate the work of different government agencies involved in infrastructure development.
The government has not yet announced any details about the new agency, such as its structure, mandate, or funding. However, it is expected that the agency will be set up in the coming months.
The establishment of a single agency for infrastructure planning, monitoring, and evaluation could have a number of benefits. It could help to:
- Improve coordination between different government agencies involved in infrastructure development
- Reduce duplication of effort
- Speed up the delivery of infrastructure projects
- Improve the quality of infrastructure projects
- Make it easier to evaluate the impact of infrastructure projects on the economy and quality of life
Overall, the establishment of a single agency for infrastructure planning, monitoring, and evaluation could be a positive development for India. It could help to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of infrastructure development and lead to better outcomes for the economy and society as a whole.