Tata Motors has announced that it will supply and operate 200 electric buses in Srinagar and Jammu for 12 years. The company has already delivered the first batch of Ultra EV air-conditioned electric buses to Srinagar Smart City Ltd.
This is a significant development for the Indian electric vehicle industry. It is the first major order for electric buses in Jammu and Kashmir, and it is a sign that the state is committed to adopting electric vehicles.
The Tata Ultra EV buses are equipped with a number of advanced features, including:
- A range of over 250 kilometers on a single charge
- A fast-charging system that can charge the battery to 80% in just 60 minutes
- A comfortable and spacious passenger cabin with air conditioning and Wi-Fi
The Tata Ultra EV buses will be operated by TML Smart City Mobility Solutions (J&K) Pvt Ltd, a group company of Tata Motors. The company will provide comprehensive maintenance and support for the buses during the 12-year contract period.
The deployment of 200 electric buses in Srinagar and Jammu is expected to have a number of benefits, including:
- Reduced air pollution: Electric buses produce zero emissions, which will help to improve air quality in Srinagar and Jammu.
- Reduced noise pollution: Electric buses are much quieter than traditional diesel buses, which will help to reduce noise pollution in the two cities.
- Lower operating costs: Electric buses are cheaper to operate than traditional diesel buses, which will save the government money in the long run.
- Job creation: The deployment of 200 electric buses will create new jobs in Srinagar and Jammu.
Overall, the deployment of 200 electric buses in Srinagar and Jammu is a positive development for the Indian electric vehicle industry and for the two cities themselves. It is a sign that the state of Jammu and Kashmir is committed to adopting electric vehicles, and it is a step in the right direction for improving air quality, reducing noise pollution, and creating new jobs.